1. Biography and discussion of his early years
2. Bio with bibliography and relevant links
poems and related information
1. E-text of "Disillusionment of Ten O'Clock"
--A link to questions and online sites about the poet and the poem from our English Literature databank
2. E-text of "The
--A video clip of the poem
(This brief clip is taken from a one-hour program called "Voices and Visions: Wallace Stevens." If you want
to look at the whole video, there is a copy in the AV center and Ray also owns a copy.)
--Online essay offering ONE interpretation of the poem
--An online site focussing on the poem and offering ANOTHER interpretation
3. E-text of "Anecdote of the Jar"
--Possibly THE jar
--the study questions from our English Literature Databank
4. E-text of "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
--A parody called "The
Emperor of Frozen Yogurt"
5. E-text of "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird"
--Dennis Lucas' poem "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Crow"
6. E-text of "The Idea of Order at Key West," plus a recording of Stevens reading the poem
--Brief online comments about the self/selves in the poem
7. E-text of "Sunday Morning"
8. Site with e-texts of many other Stevens' poems
9. Site with Stevens reading from other poems
1. A site with many photos of Stevens, as well as people and places in his life
2. Site with a map and links showing the route
Stevens walked to get from his home to work
3. Stevens and Eastern philosophy
4. Site with many links
5. A great Stevens site with links to helpful essays, a timeline, book covers, and more
6. The Wallace Stevens Journal
1. Online student discussion of Stevens' poetry
go back to