(1564-1593): The Tragical History of Doctor
1. What is the function of the chorus in the play?
2. What is Faustus' family background? Why is Faustus compared to Icarus, a Greek mythological figure, in II. 21-22?
3. Analyze the structure of the play.
4. Point out the comic scenes in the play and explain their function.
5. What affinities does Doctor Faustus have with Medieval drama? With tragedy?
6. How does Faustus react when he knows his end is coming? Does he take his friends' advice to ask help from God? Why or why not?
7. Were it possible, would you exchange your soul for things you desire most as Faustus does in the play? Explain.
Back to Homepage