IMPORTANT RULES FOR STUDENTS
Please also see¡X
1. Fu Jen Catholic University's Student Handbook for important university rules. (http://www.fju.edu.tw/guidance.html)
2. Explanations in the notes for the Pre-registration. (http://www.eng.fju.edu.tw/Chinese/Under-3.htm)
1. Prerequisite courses
|Introduction of Literature||prerequisite for all other literature courses|
|English Composition I / Conversation I -||prerequisite for English Composition II / Conversation II|
|English Composition II/ Conversation II||prerequisite for English Composition III/ Conversation III|
|English Composition III/ Conversation III||prerequisite for Advanced Writing courses|
|Introduction of Linguistics||prerequisite for all other courses in linguistics|
|Applied Computer Technology||prerequisite for other courses in computer|
2. A student who fails either the first or the second semester of English Composition I, English Conversation I, English Composition II, English Conversation II, English Composition III, or English Conversation III must repeat both semesters of the courses. Credits for the same course can only be recognized once.
3. 60 is the lowest passing grade. The university allows students who score from 50 - 59 in the first semester of a year course to continue to take the course in the second semester, and then repeat the first semester in the next school year. Students who score under 50 may continue the course in the second semester with the permission of the professor.
4. Courses with the same title can only be recognized once. (PE courses are not included.)
5. Freshman, sophomore, and junior students need to take at least 12 credits each semester; senior students need to take at least 9 credits each semester.